Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

About Us


Rock Crusher History

Rock Crusher Elementary was “opened for business” in August of 1990. It is built very near the remains of a limestone mine that flourished from the 1930’s till the 1960’s. The school is actually built on the site of a corporate schoolhouse, established for the education of the mine workers’ children. The abandoned mine later sported two enormous satellite dishes and served as a GTE Spacelink substation. Although the dishes are still in place, (for now), the present owner of the site has transformed the property into “Rockcrusher Canyon”, designed for many types of outdoor events.

Soon after ground was broken for the school, work was halted until a large colony of gopher tortoises, a protected species, could be relocated to nearby vacant land. The recognition of our past and our concern for the future is aptly represented in both our name and in our mascot.